Advice: You have lost your pet
We recommend the following procedure for lost pets
- Search your cupboards, sheds and garages
- Search local areas that your pet may have been attracted to such as parks or building sites (where there may be mice or rats).
- Inform your local police and animal warden (via your local council) and register your pet lost with:
- The RSPCA: 0300 1234 999
- Battersea Dogs and Cats Home: 020 7622 3626
- Missing Pets Bureau: 08701 999 000 (24hr) / website
- All local and emergency vets and charity clinics/rehoming organisations
- Make fliers to put through your neighbours’ doors (and those of homes that back onto your garden) asking everyone to look out for your pet in their sheds and garages.
- Make posters to place all around the area asking if anyone has seen your pet, perhaps offering a small reward.
- Make sure that a lost cat can get back into your house easily if he/she returns, via a cat-flap or safe window (that is burglar-proof).