Advice: If you have lost your pet
1. Search your cupboards, sheds and garages in case it has been shut in somewhere.
2. Inform your local police and animal warden (via your local council) and register it lost with:
- The RSPCA: 0300 1234 999
- Battersea Dogs and Cats Home: 020 7622 3626
- Missing Pets Bureau (24 hour) 08701 999 000 / www.missingpetsbureau.com
- All local and emergency vets and charity clinics (consult your Yellow Pages)
3. Make fliers to put through your neighbours’ doors (and those of homes that back onto your garden) asking everyone to look out for your pet in their sheds and garages.
4. Make 100 posters to place all around the area asking if anyone has seen your pet, perhaps offering a small reward.
5. Make sure that a lost cat can get back into your house easily if he returns, via a cat-flap or safe window (that is burglary-safe).
6. Search local areas that your pet may have been attracted to such as parks or building sites (where there may be mice or rats).
7. If your pet is found make sure he is microchipped and neutered. Both will reduce the risk of losing him in future.